Brethren Village is seeking a full-time Resident Dining Aide. This position is great for those who prefer early morning and afternoon work hours. Our full-time Team Members receive a generous benefits package. Our Resident Dining Aides assist our older adult Residents with their meals, and provide effective service to Residents in a friendly, helpful, and caring manner. FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY ONLINE, VISIT www.bv.org/careers.
No prior experience is required; we will provide training.
The Resident Dining Aide delivers meals to Residents; may assist Residents to serve food, cut their food, eat, and drink; and initiates conversations with Residents during meals.
The Resident Dining Aide works cooperatively with nursing staff, C.N.A.'s, and other Team Members, and provides excellent service at all times to Residents.
Full-time: 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., including every other Saturday, Sunday, and holiday. Work days may vary a bit from week to week.
Resident Dining Aides are typically expected to report to work during inclement weather to provide service to Residents.
Required Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- a high school diploma or G.E.D., or currently-enrolled student at least age 16
- dependability: ability and willingness to meet attendance standards
- basic computer skills: the ability to access and navigate web sites, and use applications and databases independently
- the ability to read and to complete online training independently
- commitment to consistently working in a safe manner, wearing protective equipment as required for the position, and adhering to all health and safety standards
- the ability and willingness to interact in a productive and professional manner with colleagues
- the ability to form positive and supportive relationships with Residents and other clients, and to provide exceptional service to others
- ability and willingness to represent Brethren Village and carry out responsibilities in a manner aligned with our core values of caring, integrity, stewardship, and excellence
Additional Requirements for This Position:
- must be at least age 16
- must be comfortable and able to engage with older adult Residents, including those with memory loss or dementia
- basic food preparation skills helpful but not required; we will provide training
- the ability to work in a safe and hygienic manner at all times
- must be able to speak English in order to assist and converse with Residents
- comfort with initiating and maintaining mealtime conversations with Residents, and assisting Residents to eat their meals
- the ability to stand and walk frequently
- a neat and clean appearance per Brethren Village policies
- a sincere interest in serving an older adult population, including Residents with dementia
- must be available to work every other Saturday, Sunday, and holiday
Brethren Village maintains a drug-free, alcohol-free, and tobacco-free work environment. Smoking is not permitted at any time in any indoor or outdoor areas. Non-smokers are encouraged to apply.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a reference check; verification of education and credentials; a criminal background verification; and a post-offer physical exam and drug screen. EOE
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY ONLINE, VISIT www.bv.org/careers. EOE
Location/Region: Lancaster, PA