Job Title: Marketing/Sales Administrator
Reports To: Director of Purchasing
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The primary responsibility for this position is the time-sensitive and cost-effective production of the quarterly Garden Spot Foods publication, “Catalog/Deals & Delights”. Additional responsibilities include effective communication with multiple departments to manage priorities and deadlines, review publications for accuracy, coordination of contracted resources, coordination of trade show events, and web publication.
Other administrative responsibilities include new item setup and item maintenance, sales order entry, customer pricing entry, assistance with trade show planning, data reporting for sales/marketing purposes, and other sales and marketing support tasks as needed.
Skills and experience required for this position include but are not limited to excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills, multi-tasking, attention to detail, ability to work independently and with teams, ability to prioritize tasks and follow schedules, strong computer skills, proficiency in data entry, and a familiarity with marketing publications and related software.
This position may require some schedule flexibility at times due to deadlines and time constraints of relative projects. Local travel up to 2-3 times annually may be required.
This position reports to the Director of Purchasing and works closely with the Associate Brand Manager. The company gives the incumbent the degree of independence needed to achieve assigned tasks.
- Ability to establish schedules, manage priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (good grammar/spelling is vital).
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to upload data/catalog to websites and update website information.
- Effective managing multiple tasks or projects, and coordinating information from various sources simultaneously.
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop (Preferred), Illustrator (Preferred), Publisher (Opt.), WordPress, MS Office. Familiarity with or ability to learn Microsoft NAVision system for data pulling/reporting.
- Proficiency with image and data formatting/layout & design relative to sell sheets, catalog, publications.
- Proofing and Editing skills for publications.
- Ability to work with internal teams from varying departments and coordinate projects with contracted resources (publication layout artist, printer).
- Basic understanding of P&L, budgeting, and invoicing.
- Varying Sales Support tasks as needed (reports, data management, product details).
- Serve as backup for sales price entry and sales order entry as needed (Navision).
- Schedule flexibility required due to changing demands and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and with teams.
- Support team environment and company culture and vision.
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memoranda.
- Requires sitting for most of the day.
- Requires ability to lift items up to 30 pounds.
- Minimal travel may be required.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required, 2-4 years advanced education preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience working in a marketing or advertising role preferred.
- Some experience with publication of professional sales and marketing materials.
- Previous experience working in an office environment tasked with administrative duties.
Garden Spot Foods offers health insurance to for all full-time employees as defined by the ACA
Garden Spot Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Location/Region: New Holland, PA