The Lancaster Parking Authority (LPA) is seeking qualified applicants for Parking Enforcement Officer in the city of Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Parking Enforcement Officers are responsible for enforcing the parking ordinance of the City of Lancaster on foot and in company vehicles. Essential responsibilites of the position are shown in the job description below.
Positions are available in all shifts every day of the week.
Part-time pay range is $14.43 - $22.37 per hour
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to the attention of Mr. Ibrahim Aman, Director of Operations, by email to email@example.com or by mail to P.O. Box 866, Lancaster, PA 17608-0866.
Please see our website at Lancasterparkingauthority.com for information on our organization and career opportunities.
This position is responsible for enforcing parking ordinance violations in the City of Lancaster, PA.
- Enforces parking ordinances and regulations, including meter, permit parking, and street cleaning violations, either by foot or in a municipal vehicle.
- Writes and issues violation tickets either by hand or by using an electronic/computerized device.
- Provides clear and courteous communication with the general public, customers and staff including assisting with answering questions and providing instruction on use of parking meters.
- Works in a safe manner and recognizes unsafe situations or conditions. Takes appropriate action to ensure safety of themselves and others.
- Customer Service Focus – Positive Attitude
- Ethical Conduct - Honesty
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving history
- Two or more years of customer service experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to handle stressful or difficult situations calmly, tactfully and courteously.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical skills (addition and subtraction).
- Ability to safely operate a vehicle.
- Knowledge of Lancaster City parking ordinances.
- Knowledge of the streets of the City of Lancaster, PA.
- Ability to use a hand-held computer as well as other relevant computer hardware and applications.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This position is part-time. Hours of work are typically Monday through Saturday, 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Some weekend or evening hours may be necessary based on operational needs. Emergency call in is expected due to weather or other emergency operational needs.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
Candidate will be required to successfully pass drug screen, criminal background check and DMV records check.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job,the employee is frequently subject to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently working in outside environmental conditions including extreme cold and heat. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job,the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk for extended period of time; kneeling or rest on knees; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The job is considered as medium work. The employee may exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The employee will need to push or pull a cart uphill and downhill. The employee must be able to move agilely to avoid moving vehicles. The employee is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
The Lancaster Parking Authority (LPA) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the LPA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.