Pequea Valley School District has an immediate opening for a full-time Hardware Support Specialist, 40 hours/week. This position is responsible for help desk services and device configuration in each of our buildings.
Candidate must have experience with Apple device management, configuration, and repairs; Apple Certification for warrantied repairs will be required upon employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty consistently and satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Set up and configure new computers and peripherals.
* Serve as back-up for a variety of maintenance computer systems such as card-access, automatic temperature control, digital phones, and other network systems, to perform both routine and emergency operations in absence of responsible maintenance personnel;
* Work cooperatively with Technology Department staff to maintain systems so they are continuously operational.
* Maintain/configure hardware.
* Assist in troubleshooting software and hardware problems.
* Carry out ongoing preventive maintenance on computer systems to ensure effective operation.
* Oversee the hardware and software operation of the Point of Sale cafeteria checkout system, district phone system, and PA systems.
* Repair computers and related systems as needed.
* Diagnose and recommend solutions to hardware problems
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Necessary to Performance of Essential Function
* Technological aptitude and background in electrical/mechanical.
* Minimum 1-3 years in a related technology position.
* Good communication skills and ability to deal with people under a variety of circumstances.
* Ability to learn technological advances and apply to the job.
* Familiarity with devices, file servers, switches, and related hardware for office, mechanical, and educational settings.
* College or technical school background a plus.* Available to work varied hours as work demands may dictate.
* Familiar with Apple and Windows platforms.
* Associates or Bachelors Degree
* Three years of successful experience preferred.
Deadline for application is December 14, 2018.
PA Criminal Record check, Child Abuse and FBI Clearances required pre- employment.
The Pequea Valley School District is an EOE and offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an exceptional work environment. Please direct questions or interest to Ashley Heagy, Director of Technology, at
Location/Region: Kinzers, PA